December is finally upon us!
Tis the season for friends, family and of course, delicious food :)
We threw a festive holiday brunch for our family this past weekend, and this easy ham & cheese quiche was a big hit!
This was literally my first time ever making a quiche (admittedly, I'm lacking the Betty Crocker gene) and I was surprised at how easy this was to make, not to mention, really tasty!
EASY HAM & CHEESE QUICHE
1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
2 tbsp butter
1/4 onion, minced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup half and half
4 eggs, beaten1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press pie crust into 9 inch pie plate and flute edges, set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in melted butter until translucent, about 5 min.
- Stir ham into onion mixture and transfer into pie crust.
- Beat cheddar cheese, eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over ham. mixture. Sprinkle paprika over entire quiche.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30-45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
As a side note, I actually made our quiche the night before our party and refrigerated it, covered, overnight. The morning of the brunch I simply covered the quiche with foil and reheated it for about 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
I hope that ya'll will enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Don't forget to check out my entire Holiday Brunch post (coming soon!) to see all of the yummy goodies we made, and the affordable and festive decorations I purchased for it at.. wait for it... Walmart?! ;)